Subject: Negative Film: was Re: [Leica] Italy bound, etc...
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:12:31 -0700

Charles,

The family of color neg film that I like in mixed lighting is Fuji's NPL/NPS
series.  There's a magenta tint to the negative stock that offsets much of
the greenish cast of flourescent lights.  This series is Fuji's professional
portrait film line, like Kodak's Vericolor series.  Try some before
departing for your assignment. I think you'll be pleased.  OTOH, it's not a
high color saturation film, so if you're looking for eyepopping florals, for
instance, this isn't the film for you. It's best for skin tones and subtle,
lower contrast color.