Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens for near 1:1 reproduction?
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:35:45 -0400

As you mentioned, the 90 Elmar is nice as is the 135 Hector. Most of the
time I use my 65 Elmar. Have you tried the 50 f3.5 Elmar?

Cheers!

kw

>Dear Luggers,
>
>having aquired a used novoflex bellows for my visoflex III, I
>began to try out what lenses would be worth using with it.
>I found that my summicron 2/50 shows a considerable lack
>of sharpness in the corners when used for ratios of about 1:1
>to 2:1. This best-ever 35mm lens seems optimized for other
>purposes. Also unexpectedly, I found that the lens head of my
>old Elmar 1:4 / 9 cm gives excellent results around 1:1.
>What are your experiences with about 1:1 ratio?
>
>Regards,
>
>Gerd

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>