Subject: Re: [Leica] Uncomfirmed Leica M7 Specs
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 01:57:45 EDT

Jim Brick wrote:

<< I suggest either slower film, a polarizer, or a ND filter.

 Jim >>
- -----------------------------------------

Excellent advice Jim, but two more clicks on the upper end would still be
nice.  My feeling has always been that if you didn't have an all-manual Leica
M, the next best thing (a less expensive alternative) would be a Nikon FM2.
It too is all manual, rugged, 1/4000th shutter speed and flash sync at
1/250th.  These last two features would be a great attribute to the M6, but
not "necessary."  The price difference between any new version of the M6 and
my (mint condition) M6 is still probably US$1,000.00.  It would be hard to
justify a "trade up" for any of the "LUG-speculated" features mentioned in
these posts...although the temptation would definitely be there!!! :)

Arturo