Subject: [Leica] Re: [leica] gathering of the clan (lug)
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 10:40:20 -0400

I suggest that while were picking the fly spots out of the pepper, we
discuss whether we should use the Scot Gaelic 'clann' or the Irish 'cland'-
both originally meaning 'offspring'.
We should defer to our UK brethren.
On further thought, I tend to think of us as a 'pack' rather than a clan!
Vociferous and voracious in our appetites for Leicas, single malts, fine red
wines and high quality books on our favorite photographers! I tend to react
to a nice Leica for sale with a 'grab it and growl' reaction!
Maybe I'm getting that way because I have been working for Chuck Wolf for so
long!
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com