Subject: Re: [Leica] Gathering of the klan (LUG)
From: "Bruce R. Slomovitz" <brslomo@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 08:11:01 -0400

Eric,

The person who originally mis-spelled the word is, we assume, a native
speaker.  The thought I was trying to communicate (but unfortunately did not
finish) was that even though Mr. Kumagai is presumably not a native speaker
of the language, he was sensitive enough to the nuances of the language to
see the possibility of offense in the use of "klan" while the person who
committed this offense ostensible was not.

Bruce S.