Subject: [Leica] 50mm lens evaluations
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 16:54:23 -0400

Erwin Puts,

First & foremost; great to have you back on the LUG ;-)!

>>The MTF graphs as delivered by Zeiss & Leica<<
>>are very informative......I will post a document on<<
                     >> this topic some day<<

Looking forward to that explanation as well!

>>I do conduct tests at several distances ( 1 meter<<
>>3 meters, 5 meters, & 10 meters or infinity), .........<<
>>now the five lenses mentioned above have different<<
                 >>characteristics in this respect<<

I'm really looking forward to your next posting regarding
the five 50s & their performances at various distances.
In particular, I'm curious how the new r-50 f1.4 compares
in the 3-8 meter range at f1.4 thru f5.6; contrast & the
20 lpm curve.....center & zonal.

Thanks,
Tom D.