Subject: Re: [Leica] A little international awareness...
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:43:50 +0200

Dan,

Based on my anthropological observations in the UK, it means that it is 7=
.30.
What is particularly confusing is that in other languages (such as Danish=
 or
Dutch), when you say "half seven" it means 6.30.

Nathan

Dan Cardish wrote:

> At 07:10 AM 24-08-98 +0200, you wrote:
> > Conversely, there
> >are British expressions which will confuse many Americans; e.g. I am n=
ow
> going
> >to have a fag, and the time is almost half seven...
> >
> >Nathan
>
> I understand the first one (going for a smoke), but what does the secon=
> expression mean?  :-)
>
> Dan C.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Manager, Commercial Management
AT&T-Unisource Communications Services v.o.f.
1945 Chauss=E9e de Wavre
1160 Brussels
BELGIUM
Tel. +32 2 676 3683