Subject: RE: [Leica] nikon lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:04:18 -0500

At 08:43 AM 8/24/98 -0400, you wrote:

>works, use it! The question in real life is not what has the best bench
>test, but what is most practical in the field....

The R system was not very competitive back then. They didn't even have a
180 until, I think, '68. And longer lenses were often adapted to Nikon
bodies back then. (The 400 6.8). As a matter of fact, back then I hear it
was pretty much accepted that the only two cameras that were up to work in
the field in 'Nam was a Nikon F and a Leica M. They could stand rain, mud,
whatever. As you say, what works.

- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Your e-mail has been returned due to insufficient voltage