Subject: Re: [Leica] newbie
From: "Becker" <bss@uol.com.br>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:54:48 -0300

Hi Erich. :)

 You wrote:

> If I were in your situation, if I wanted 28mm and 100mm, then I'd go with
> the R8 - SLR. If I wanted 35mm and 90mm, then it would be the M6 at this
> point.

	I basicaly (and exclusively) take pictures of people so a 28mm would
distord (right word for distortion?) things. I am a SLR user and my only
experience with a rangefinder camera was my very first Kodak Instamatic
155-X that I won when I was 11 year old (now I'm 38), but I guess it is
only a matter of getting used to the format. Regarding the weight I would
have to carry, this is not too much if you compare to the Pentax 67 that I
use on location one in a while. I guess that would be helpful if I can have
a Leica in my hands to "feel" both models so I guess that I need to meet
some Leica users here in Sao Paulo. But your advices "close my range" of
options. Today I am using Canon with type L lenses and I have 28, 28, 100,
a 35-70 and a 80-200, but I really use the 37-70 for documentary and the
100 for portraiture. But I don't like zoom lenses.

Then you wrote:
> Either way, you can't lose. Superb cameras and lenses all. I made the
truly
> obsessive choice, I went with both! :-)

	Hehe! Buying both would be my option too, but I am not a tycoon  :)))
	BTW, I am visiting your page and I loved your picture of that homeless
man. It is the kind of light that I love. Congratulations.

My best

Becker
bss@uol.com.br