Subject: Re: [Leica] TA rapid winder : drawbacks ?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 07:55:17 -0700

Actually, you are incorrect on both points. I have rarely used an M camera
without a TA winder. Your index finger and thumb grip the lens for focus
while the remaining three fingers hug the winder lever. A very smooth
focus, release, wind motion without, wasted movement, ie; removing the
camera from your eye. It is very very smooth, absolutely no wasted motion.
Very easy to use very low shutter speeds. Exactly the opposite of what you
surmised below. Ask any rapid winder user. And Tom ships to France.

Jim