Subject: [Leica] RE: which lens
From: Stephen Alred <salred@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 19:36:15 -0400

(Belated reply from a digest lurker)

I took my M6 with 35mm and 90mm lenses along on a balloon ride last fall
over southern Pennsylvania.  We never topped 500 feet and were often lower
so the 35mm got the most use, with the 90 used to isolate details (got a
delightful photo of a country church and its graveyard).

One unanticipated detail for me was the fact that there were 16 (!) people
in the basket, making for little elbow room for lens changing -- the 90mm
almost became a projectile!  Make sure you have film left for the "capture
the balloon" activities and the champagne toast.  Also, the pre-firing
sequence is spectacular if your ride, as was ours, is at dawn and the
initial ignition takes place in darkness.  BTW: Film was EI200 color
print... (shrieks of outrage).

Regards,
Steve Alred