Subject: Re: [Leica] Some questions please
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 21:03:09 -0700

Alex Brattell wrote:

> I used my M6 for a very ordinary bit of 'party' photography (an architects
> celebration). 'Smudging' (you know, where you just go around boshing people)
> - flash for cash.

Haven't heard that term in a while.  Had an assistant for a while from
Wales who ended up as photographer on giant cruise ships "smudging" to
the tune of $20,000 a week with 3 shooters doing 60 rolls a day process
and print and sell.   All on M6s, the only cameras that could stand the
pace and also show faces when the flash went off so you could reshoot if
someone blinked.

Now he's flashing nudes for cash to the erotic mags and taking his
wheelbarrow to the bank.

donal
- --
Donal Philby