Subject: [Leica] Leica digilux
From: Frank Eschholz <eschholz.la@leica-camera.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:56:01 +0200

Hello Pascal!

The LEICA digilux will come with Micrografx Picture Publisher 7.0 which =
is very=20
similiar to the professional "Photoshop".
The price of the LEICA digilux will be 1798.- DM (Fuji MX 700: 1799.- =
DM)

Best regards

Frank

> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> Von:	Pascal [SMTP:cyberdog@ibm.net]
> Gesendet am:	Dienstag, 25. August 1998 18:45
> An:	Leica Users Group
> Betreff:	[Leica] Digilux vs. Fuji MX-700
>
> Can someone tell me the difference between the forthcoming Leica =
Digilux
> and the already existing Fuji MX-700?
>
> I compared specs sheets, and have to conclude that the Digilux is just =
> rebadged Fuji MX-700 with some exterior modifications (different =
finish).

> If there is no difference between the two, why the hell did Leica =
venture
> into such kind of "rebadging" practice? Maybe it's just to be able to =
say
> that they have a consumer grade digital camera in their offerings. =
What
> is the added value except the red dot? :-)
>
> If the two are equal, one would, of course, expect equal price...
>
> Now, if Leica brought out that digital back for the R8 I have been
> waiting for... that would be an entirely different thing :-)
>
> Pascal

> Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
> Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
> With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
> Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !
> <<< PGP public key available on request >>>

Frank Eschholz
Instructor Digital Imaging Products
Leica Camera AG
Oskar-Barnack-Str.11