Subject: Re: [Leica] Photokina release
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 17:13:55 +0000

Lucien wrote:

> Alan wrote:
>
> >...it will probably be the best 35-70 in the industry, that's all,
> >and maybe someone actually cares. Not me.
>
> And not me.

Alan and Lucien,

Probably 90% of the photo I get paid to take are done with a 35-70
f/2.8.  It is a money maker.   Would I like longer and shorter ranges?
Sure.  But not to compromise quality.  The current Nikon and Leica zooms
are virtually identical in image quality.  So to change, the new Leica
must be significantly better.  I suspect it will be 3 to 5 times the
price.

donal
- --
Donal Philby