Subject: Re: [Leica] best R lenses from 24 to 50
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:25:50 +0200

On 27-08-1998 01:15 Francesco Sanfilippo wrote:

>If I wanted the BEST two lenses from 20mm and up for the R7, which
>would they be?  I know the 50/2 is one, unless you guys think the 50/1.4
>is better.  I also want a 24, 28, or 35.  What do you recommend?
>Or should I forget the R7, and ONLY take the M6 with 35 and 50
>Summicrons?

Francesco:

If you consider the R series, one of the two must-have lenses should be
the Elmarit-R 19mm f/2.8. It is a lens which I have used for about a
month now with stunning results. Tack sharp and incredible perspective.
The Summicron-R 50mm f/2.0 is also an excellent performer, better than
the equivalent Nikons at large apertures. And the Elmarit-R 28mm f/2.8 is
very good as well, the only trouble is that it is sometimes difficult to
focus because there is not much way on the focusing ring between 5m and
infinity. These three lenses are top performers IMHO.

Enjoy your holiday in France!

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !