Subject: Re: [Leica] m6 v. r7 - sharpness issue
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 08:36:19 -0400

I tested my Minolta 9xi with a 400mm lens, to see if I could find evidence
of mirror induced vibration in my images.  I couldn't see any difference
between shots taken between 1 sec and 1/250 sec with an 8x loupe, including
the critical speeds around 1/8-1/15 sec.  The shutter sounds very smooth,
and it seems that it really is.  I'm sure this is typical of most modern
camera shutters  (except the Nikon F5, since they feel obliged to include
mirror lockup with it  ;-) )

Dan C.