Subject: Re: COPY: Re: [Leica] First week of shooting with my new R7 - HELP!
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 07:32:26 -0600

At 10:52 PM 29/08/98 -0700, Fransesco wrote:
>In general, my best shots are divided between the M6 and the R bodies,
>but my favorite shots are the ones I know I took with the M6 since they
>tend to be the ones where the subjects did not know I was around!

I enjoy looking at my negs or slides from the M as soon as I get them.  The
first thing that usually interests me is the degree of softness in the
background.  With a ground glass screen on SLRs, I tend to be more
concerned with depth of field, stopping down to preview what the background
will look like, but with rangefinders, my attention seems to be more firmly
placed on content and subject matter, perhaps the two things that really
matter most in a picture anyway.  This is a big deal for me.  I've only
been using M6's for slightly over a year, but my candid location
photography has improved.  The stealth factor is only one small part of it.

- -GH