Subject: [Leica] My dumb international question to Ted - etal
From: MargaSouri@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 16:44:31 EDT

  Even though the Leica Camera Division has been (divorced? - separateted?)
  from its "mother" compay, it is still owned by a Swiss conglomerate that has
  cameras manufactured in Germany made partially from parts that are made in
  various countries.  My good friend & X-Lugger Gerard Captign who was born
  in Holland but is now a Swiss banker, has already told us how the
nationality
  of a product is determined by which country has incurred the highest cost of
  its manufacture - ergo: Germany.  My IBM computer was made in Thailand !!
  and IBM stands for "International Business Machines" - so what is the real
  nationality of the Leica - Swiss or German?  QC has deteriorated universally
  due to our "plastic" throw away technology - who today buys a camera that
  he wants to hand down to his grandchildren - you Ted????????

  Marga (Souris)
******