Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #276
From: flagstad@sysnet.net
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 98 21:01:54 +0000

> From: Stephen Kobrin <skobrin@yahoo.com>
> Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:01:12 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: [Leica] "nick" on lens
>
> There is a DR Summicron being offered on the net that
sounds like a
> good user at a reasonable price.  However, it is described
by the
> seller as having a 1mm nick on the front element that will
not affect
> results. While the scratch might not affect sharpness
noticeably,
> should not its impact on both contrast and reflections be
very
> observable?

	My DR Summicron has several scratches on the *rear*
element. I can't imagine a sharper, contrastier lens. YMMV.
Just don't pay what you'd have to in order to get a pristine
example.

//                       Howard Sanner
//               Kirsten Flagstad discographer
//                 Ampex Mailing List founder
//                    flagstad@sysnet.net
//