Subject: Re: [Leica] New Hasselblad 35mm Rangefinder Camera
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 21:50 +0100 (BST)

Arturo wrote:

> After seeing the XPan website, I have to say that this is an
interesting
> camera, one that produces panoramas that previously were only
capable
> with a
> 6x7 MF.  I think its right in line with Hasselblad's other
products!

I agree. I'm really taken with the idea and would love to see one in
the flesh. I think this might be wallet threatening for me!

One point, though, you *have* been able to take panoramas like this
for years. Not *quite* as wide (59mm not 66mm), but the
Horizont/Horizon 202 takes the same kind of images. Not nearly as
reliably, though...I can say that without even seeing an Xpan :-)

David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk
(+44) 171 917 6272