Subject: Re: [Leica] [DR Summicron on the M6]
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 18:09:39 +0000

For what it's worth, I just tried my DR Summicron (a bit older than
Marc's) on an M6 (a little younger than Marc's) with the round
opening. In keeping with the advice in the 1987 Leica Handbook, I set
the lens at infinity and everything slid into place nicely.  Then, at
the risk of a repair bill, I changed the lens focus setting and
noticed that while the lens did lock I felt a tad of resistance as if
the focus cam was hitting something.

So now I wonder whether those who could not mount their Summicron
eyes were in fact not mounting the lens itself properly.

Roy