Subject: [Leica] TTL flash on the M6
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 19:22:44 -0400

Luggers:

I've been sitting back waiting for someone to bring this up, and it hasn't,
so allow me to raise on point.

With the current meter spot on the M6 a TTL flash will be all but useless.
Now it's a spot meter. You meter where you know the hot spot is hitting the
right tones, then you compose and shoot. Try that with a flash.

You would change your composition to meet the needs of the meter, and you
can only get a TTL reading from the spot on the shutter curtain at the
moment of the exposure.

A plain old center weighted meter would be better, but those of us who have
come to love TTL flash have grown acustom to MATRIX metering.

Here's my point. Leica has to have figured this out, so my guess is that
the new TTL body comes with a new metering pattern(s), which would make it
truly an upgrade. Or they haven't figured it out, and then . . . yawn.

Tom
Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria