Subject: [Leica] 73/1.9 Hektor
From: inyoung@jps.net
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 21:05:49

Hi,

 I was browsing my Leica collection tonight to find out that the 73/1.9
Hektor looks a little different.  Any information on this interesting lens
will be valuable to me and appreciated.
 This is all black except a thin ring right below the aperture setting ring
which looks like aluminum.  The distance scale is in meter only and the
focusing mount does not rotate when focusing.  The serial number is 96xxx
info of which I could not find even in Pocket Book or Laney's Collector's
Guide.  I assumed that this lens was made in the first production year of
the 73 Hektor, 1931.  The first number allocated for 1933 was 156001 and
mine falls in the lens group made in 1931.  As far as the info from these
books, the earlier ones are not rangefinder coupled but mine is.  I am
pretty sure that mine is designed for Agfacolor but wonder if this was
modified.
 Thank you in advance.

Regards,
David