Subject: [Leica] Agfa and Dufay Color
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 09:31:13 -0400

I'm not going to dig my references out, so just let me prattle a bit.

Kodachrome was the third colour process released, coming on the American
market around 1936 and available in Europe around 1938.  The first colour
process was the Dufay process, which entered the market around 1934, while
Agfa's process came out a year or so later.

Agfa was large enough so that the photographic world anticipated that
theirs would become the standard colour process.  Hence, Leitz marketed
lenses with fitments for the required filters.

The 1.9/7.3cm Hektor, dating from 1931, would have been later modified to
take the Agfacolour filters.  Leitz offered this service for a slight charge.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!