Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 or M6HM for Noctilux
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 22:04:09 +0000

At 08:28 PM 2/9/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm thinking of getting either an M3 or an M6HM to use for my Noctilux.
>Aside from the meter of the M6HM and the lower price of the M3, are
>there any practical differences between the two?  If I could afford the
>M6HM, is there a reason to still prefer the M3?
>
>Thanks.
>Ben

I'll vote for the HM with the Noctilux.  I am of the impression that they
are a perfect match.  It's nice to have the meter and also the frame lines
to fit a 35mm lens when you need it.

There is also good reason to have an M3 if you have some cash left over to
afford at least a user one.  They are built like tanks and are a joy to
bang around.  I carry one with my 50 Summilux lens (only) on my trips into
jungleland.

Dan K.