Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #281
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 17:38:47 -0400

One of the wonderfull things about using Leicas is that all of the modern
era lenses for it are excellent.  Even though Leica Camera seems to be in
the process of recomputing all of their M lenses, the older ones are still
excellent performers.  A new Leica user can't go wrong by simply picking a
clean, working lens for his/her camera.   Compare that with what faces a
neophyte Nikon user.  There are all sorts of Nikon lenses that people are
warned to steer clear of.

I own both the older 35/1.4 and one of the aspheric versions.  The ASPH is
definitely better at 1.4, but the older one still does the job wide open,
and stopped down is essentially the same as the newer one, for all
practical purposes.  If you can get one at a fraction of the cost of the
ASPH, go for it; it is a fine lens.  And it is so small and lightweight,
the very epitomy of Leica!

Dan C.