Subject: Re: [Leica] Old colour film stock and back to pictures.
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 06:05:13 -0600 (MDT)

Alan a good point you make about B&W vs color street work, and how B&W
makes color seem useless. Personally, I find looking at a color picture,
you get so much information, extraneous to the image, about the actual
colors. I have heard it said, possibly even on this group, I can't
remember where for sure that in color you see the color of the clothes the
people wear, in B&W you see the color of their soul.
I guess if you looked at the size of a scan in color, vs the same image in
b&w, there is a significant reduction in the number of bytes for the b&w.
Maybe there is a relation between how much information we see and can
process, and the lesser amount of info makes the b&w image easier for our
brains to absorb!! ;)
Just my thoughts
Noel