Subject: Re: [Leica] plastic or metal tank
From: "Glen M. Robinson" <gmrobinson@imation.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 18:34:35 -0500

I have used stainless steel reels and tanks for over twenty-five years.
Stainless steel reels have been adequately discussed in this series, but
only one mentioned tanks with a comment that the tops of Nikor tanks can be
leaky.  That was also my experience until I converted to Kindermann tanks.
Nikor lids are often difficult to remove.  Kindermann plastic lids work
extremely well and do not leak.

Marc converted me from Kindermann reels to Hewes reels.  Both of these
reels are much better than Nikor and other brands of reels.  XTOL is now my
favorite developer after years of using D-76.

Glen Robinson