Subject: Re: [Leica] plastic or metal tank
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 00:37:39 -0400

You may be joking, but with the HP Photosmart scanner, and optional
software called Vuesmart, I am able to make digital scans of an entire roll
of film at 7 passes, each of a 5 frame negative strip, and then pasting
them all together in Photoshop.  The whole process takes perhaps 10
minutes.  When printed out on my Epson Photo pronter, the end result
actually looks better than a traditional contact sheet.  Note that this
kind of sheet is less usefull if you ultimately intend to make traditional
darkroom prints from the negatives.

Dan C.

[snip]