Subject: Re: [Leica] Invert or rotate
From: bentua <debugger@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 08:32:58 -0700

Eric,

>> Darkroom Techniques magazine - the one Mike Johnston used to write
fore before his D&CCT days, did research on agitation. Twirling does
cause uneven development. <<

Now _that_ is good reason to switch to the inversion method.  I had just
thought that the idea of uneven development with twirling was purely
theoretical.  I must just have been lucky so far for not getting bad
results (or maybe I twirl so much).  Do you know which issue of DT had
this article?

Here's another thought.  The Jobo processors actually twirl, but
sideways,  and continuously.  I wonder if I'd get similarly even
development if I twirled continuously but right side up, and at the same
pace as the Jobo.  (Not that I'd do that.  Inverting is easier).

Ben