Subject: [Leica] Web Page created
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 21:32:39 -0300

Hi Lug Members:

After the suggestion from Hans Phalen, I have bought Microsofts FrontPage
98 web page software.  It installs easily and comes with lots of templates
to create pages from.  I took a quick attempt at creating a page using no
template and just inserting the images.  It has a neat tool to
automatically cteate linked thumbnails.  In all, it took a few hours to
create.

The software is good, but I think it is designed for your provider to have
a part of it installled so it can automatically create the page on the
providers site.  It also installs a web server on your machine, from which
you test and install the pages.  I have not read the manuals, and may have
some of this wrong.  Being fairly experienced with unix, I just created the
site on my local machine and then transferred the approriate files.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/PeggysCove.htm

The web page consists of some pictures taken at Peggys Cove prior to the
SwissAir crash last week, and a link to the Noctilux photos.  The Peggys
cove pictures were taken with a 400 2.8 Apo Teleyt (stormy sunset),
Tele-Elmarit (Spring 1998), Tamron 17mm (Summer 1998), 70-210 Vario-Elmar
(Nearby Cove), 180 3.4 APO (fisherman), and Noctilux at F1 (girl).  The
Noctilux page are all of course taken with the Noctilux.

Private and public comments are welcome.

Regards,

Robert Stevens