Subject: Re: [Leica] SS reels and tanks - question on JOBO processor
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 21:39:58 -0400

At 11:59 PM 9/6/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Second part concerns the manual Jobo processors for B&W, c-41 and E6. Since
>the chemicals are changed by hand is there any real advantage over tanks in
>a temp. controlled water bath?
>Doug

Doug:

Yes, there is a difference. I use a Manual CPP-2 with a lift. There is a
world of differrence in temperature control, and in the exact repeatability
of the agitation. Also, rotary agitation is more even and faster. It's also
nice for N++ developments in the 15-20 minute range. Also, the pouring of
chemicals is much neater. Lastly. There is no more thorough wash than 8 or
10 changes of water in a jobo tank.

I bought mine used on a whim. I thought I might do some of my own E-6. I
use it for color and B&W. This year when it needed parts I couldn't get
them fast enough to get it up and running again. It would be one of the
first things I would replace if I had to start over in my darkroom.

Tom
Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria