Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford CAP-40S Cibachrome processor
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:38:39 +0200

Ken wrote:
>CAP-40S is long out of production, and the chance of being able to locate on
>in Japan is slim.  I am therefore looking into those still available.  So far,
>I have gathered information on Fujimoto/Lucky CP-31, and Durst Printo.

>If any of you LUGnuts have had any experience with them, I'd like to hear
>about them.

Ken,
I have a Durst Printo and use it for B&W. It's advantage is that it is
adjustable for different processes. You can even attach a washer and a dryer.
I use it for convenience and for the sake of reproducability.

It is easy to handle but not very air proof. This means that the chemistry
ages pretty fast. Two days seems to be the maximum.
This means you have to set it up for each darkroom session and clean it
afterwards. This means it is not suitable for just two or three pictures. But
to print a lot it is really great.

Another drawback might be, that you need 2.5 Litres per tank. I am not
familiar with the Ilfochrome process (yet) but I think you should select lots
of slides and then print all of them.

If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to help you.

christoph