Subject: Re: [Leica] How to Ilfochrome
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 08:51:09 -0400

At 11:15 AM 1998-09-08 +0200, Christoph Blau wrote:

>>Do I have after a certain startup time a chance to
>print in acceptable time of let's say 2 prints per hour without a colour
>meter?

I probably average three or four prints an hour after I'm in the swing of
things, doing everything manually.  I use a Beseler rotary drum.

The P30 chemistry kit and P30 paper are a handy combination which allow
rapid and consistent work.  Unlike EP-2/RA-4 colour-negative printing, the
printing of slides is much easier, as the enlarger only has to be
"registered" once.  In other words, once you figure out the colour shift
your particular enlarger causes, you record this figure, and add it to the
correction factor on the pack of paper.  Then, there is no more futzing
about with colour balance:  the only variable is exposure time.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!