Subject: Re: [Leica] R5 vs R7
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 19:49:02 -0400

Yeh-
I chose a second hand R7- Seemed more robust and better made than the R5-
both have the ability for TTL flash with a Metz setup, and that is what I
use if for a lot of the time. I wear glasses and the R7 is pretty good
visually- allowing me to see the LEDs adequately. The meter seems pretty
good, and the aperture priority mode has a center weighted metering mode
that works quite well. The R5 is pretty close in terms of feature, from what
I've seen, but I would say the R7 is a better, more robust choice if you can
get a good deal on one.
Dan
dwpost@msn.com