Subject: [Leica] Advice needed
From: "Xavier Planellas" <xplanell@eltec.es>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:58:38 +0100

Hello,

I own 2 M Leicas (M2 and M3) and I am really discovering again =
photography wit them. My lenses are classic chrome 50mmm DR Summicron =
and the 35mm Summicron with goggles.

I recently decided to get seriously into reflex photography, so I =
thought that Leica R system will be a good choice. First I bought a =
secondhand Leica R7 and later I bought through Internet a secondhand 3rd =
cam 50mm Summicron. The lens was in "Boxed like new condition", but the =
aperture ring is a bit loose and it's a bit hard to change from stop to =
stop. Is it normal ?? The focusing ring is smooth and I had expected =
that the opening ring would be like in my M-Summicrons, a mixed of =
smoothness and "clickness".=20

May I have to return the lens to the shop ??

Finally I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with the quality =
construction of the Summicron. It has a lot of plastics and it gives me =
the feeling that it won't last foryears like my chrome M-Summicrons. The =
R7 has also plastics but gives a better feeling.

Please, let me know your opinions about this.

Thanks.

Xavier Planellas
Barcelona(SPAIN)