Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R4
From: Ben <longjohn@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:18:39 +0800

I have been heavily abusing my R4 for 13 years.  I seldom put it in camer=
a bag
and just let it swings around by shoulders, banging around.

Up to date, only have it serviced once for the foam replacement.  (Very m=
inor,
the hardening of foam is a natural aging problem.  Got it replaced for le=
ss
than $10)

Expecting to it to be in service for many many more years.  If this is no=
reliable, I don't know what it! (For other brand camera with similar age,=
 they
might have been recycled and became a trash can or bicycle already. : ))

BTW, R4 resale value is low.  Is it because collectors are not interested=
 in
old electronic cameras?  Should be.  : )

Regards,
Ben