Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Airport security
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 07:00:15 -0600 (MDT)

In the good old days when Iran was still worth doing business in, I was
impressed by one of their security measures. You checked your baggage, but
when you went to board the plane, you had to identify your bags on the
ground by the plane. A police officer would mark it, and it would get
loaded. No mark, no load, the bag got left. It was good to know your bag
was on your plane, but this was in the 70's before it was fashionable for
terrorists to blow themselves up for the cause, the process would probably
not be as comforting today!!!

Back on topic for Leica. I have a couple of SL clamp on filters for Leica.
Are these what Kodak used to call skylight filters, or are they the
dreaded UV filter. I can't find a reference to them in my 1933 or 1931
catalog reprint, nor are they mentioned in the filter sections of The
Leica Manual 1937 or 1951, or in The Leica Way 1951 or 1965. What are they
for? I assume correction is not necessary, as they are very light, sort of
pink colored. Are the filters only for B&W, or can they be used with
color?
Thanks
Noel