Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Airport security
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:28:09 -0400

Buzz - I'll be they didn't take your word on whether that weird looking
thing in your bag was a box of batteries or a bomb!
(Of course, if security was just being handled by the Kenyans alone - NOT
the Israelis - a few bills can usually take care of any problem. As when I
went through customs entering Nairobi with photo gear, headed for Somalia,
and they wanted to charge me duty because I had more than one camera! The
bribe was a lot cheaper than the duty would have been...of course the bride
WAS the duty! :-)