Subject: RE: [Leica] new speed dial rotation direction ?(was:CdI Web site)
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:21:24 -0400

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Mark Walberg [SMTP:Walberg@simmons.swmed.edu]
	Sent:	Friday, September 11, 1998 12:20 PM
	To:	leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
	Subject:	Re: [Leica] new speed dial rotation direction
?(was:CdI Web site)

	Nikon did this, too.  THe shutter speed dial goes one way on the F2
that I
	use a  lot.  The darned N90 goes the other way!  (It turns out that
it is
	possible to get the N90 reprogramed to reverse the direction of the
knob.)
	It does seem as though this is one thing to not change.  I wonder
what the
	reason could possibly be in the M6?

	>Thanks Dominique for the info. I have not bought my issue yet, but
this
	>seems incredible. Why should the rotation direction change ????
Just to
	>bother generations of Leica users, and to test user IQ everytime
he/she
	>goes from 1 body to the other (not to mention different brands) ?
	> So now, we will have to manage
	>shutter dial discrepancies between bodies deprived of any aperture
	>priority automatism... This seems plainly stupid !
	>Are you absolutely sure ?.....
	>Friendly regards
	>Alan
	>Brussels-Belgium
	>
	>Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:
	>> Comment : the CI n=B0 207 has just arrived.....
	>>.Modifications in respect to the M6 :....
	>>....  a new shutter speed dial which turns in the contrary way
(!!),
	>> Dominique

	Could this have anything to do with new accessories which may be
coming along, such as the oft-touted OTF flash metering or whatnot?  Is =
it a
requirement for compatibility with somebody else's product or feature?  =
It
still sounds like a remarkably bad idea.

	Buzz

=09