Subject: Re: [Leica] Praise of Tom's Soft Release--again
From: pchefurka@plaintree.com
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 98 16:40:06 -0500

I agree wholeheartedly.  After having them on my M's for a few weeks,
I took one off for a day.  What a revelation!  It's worth the occasional
wasted frame to have that wonderful ease of use.

BTW - I had a problem using them on my F3.  The shaft of the softie
is long enough that it depresses the cable-release plunger inside the
shutter release.  This turns on the meter and keepd it on, thereby
making the F3 behave like an M6 in a tight bag.

Tom, that's a pretty sneaky way of ensuring that your releases will
remain "Leica-only" gear!

Paul Chefurka