Subject: Re: Foam replacement (Re: [Leica] Leica R4)
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 21:01:53 -0500

Steven L. Alexander wrote:

> I assume that the foam you want to replace is at the little window on the
> back.  Several years ago I just replaced the backs of my six R4's with the
> correct Minolta back at $11.00 each. After that I never popped out a
> window or had trouble with light leaks or flaking rubber. I got them
> direct from Minolta.

About 6 years ago while covering a NASCAR race the window on my R4 came
out fogging a roll of film.  I put black gaffer tape over it, forgot about it and used
the camera for several years for almost no cost at all.  About the only good use
of tape on a camera IMHO, to fix it when it breaks.

But then again I grew up on a farm in Tennessee and I believe anything can be
fixed with duct tape.  :)

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto