Subject: Re: [Leica] [Leica] new speed dial rotation direction ?(was:CdI Web site)
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 09:06:42 +0200

>From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
>Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:14:07 +0200
>Subject: Re: [Leica] new speed dial rotation direction ?(was:CdI Web sit=
e)

>Thanks Dominique for the info. I have not bought my issue yet, but this
seems incredible. Why should the rotation direction change ???? Just to
bother generations of Leica users, and to test user IQ everytime he/she
goes from 1 body to the other (not to mention different brands) ?  I
already find rotation discrepancies on lenses a major handicap when I go
from leica M to nikon SLR in a rush. So now, we will have to manage shutt=
er
dial discrepancies between bodies deprived of any aperture priority
automatism... This seems plainly stupid !
>Are you absolutely sure ?
>
>For the rest, the conservative shutter performance was unfortunately
>expected...
>
>Friendly regards
>Alan
>Brussels-Belgium

Reply : I hope I am wrong but CI wrote (p.17) :"Le barillet des vitesses
est sur=E9lev=E9 et son sens de rotation est invers=E9 (il tourne enfin d=
ans le
bon sens".
Maybe CI's journalist is wrong because he does not use the M6 ?=20
Dominique