Subject: [Leica] Re: Leicas at Games
From: dvcinc@mail.swbell.net
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:21:35 -0500

Eric:

I photographed 261 on Saturday and Sunday. Did not see any other Leica users. The
camera of choice among the serious railfans and rail photographers seems to be Nikon,
at least where I was those 2 days.
Saw more than 1 N90S with an 80-200 zoom.

I was out a couple weeks previous along the UP line through Bonner Springs, KS. I met
a man there with a new chrome M6 and matching chorme 50MM Summicron.He saw me with my
R8 and 80-200 and it was like he had discovered gold he was so excited. I don't know
what it is about Leica photographers running into each other. Maybe we are in such a
minority that seeing another one of us is truly an unexpected event. Anyway, I made a
new friend.

The 261 was great. I rode the excursion on Monday from Topeka to KC. Rode in the tool
car right behind the engine. It was like turning back the clock 50 years.

Bob