Subject: Re: [Leica] other predictions
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:28:18 -0500

At 10:13 PM 9/14/98 -0400, you wrote:

>But, you also made veiled suggestions that someoone--not Leica--was about
>to release an M mount camera of some sort. The details were sketchy, but
>you clearly knew something. Are you still being smug, or are you really
>good at keeping a secret? Or did the rumor never materialize.

Konica. So said Bob Shell on Compuserve. He was pretty sure of himself. And
I still say there will be a 90 Summicron R ASPH APO. My source is quite
reliable. But I did promise to no reveal him/her. Maybe it's longer off
than the M version in the future. Leica has all ASPH-element-making
machines in Canada and Germany (yes, Canada at the Hughes plant) going at
full capacity. Which is one reason the 90 M APO ASPH has been delayed.

Suuuurrrreeee, they're about to go out of business. :-)

>What were you hinting at? Don't worry, I won't tell anyoone.

A trap! Argh!
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.