Subject: RE: [Leica] Untitled Magazine #7
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:03:02 -0400

> The 7th issue of Untitled Magazine has been published. Documenting two
> recent youth rallies in New York and Atlanta, the project includes audio
> clips as well as some fantastic black and white images.
>
> Check it out. It's well worth your while.
> Cary Conover
http://www.untitledmagazine.com

Great! Something to debate other than equipment. :-)x
I visited the site and looked at the NY photos and while I applaud the
attempt, I have to say I think the execution is pretty mundane. Most of the
photos are meaningless without their captions, which is to say that they are
meaningless as photos. The image of the cop with crossed arms in the
foreground is an exception, but looking at most of these photos, all I come
away thinking is, `oh, poorly exposed photos of black people at something
somewhere.'

I think this collection is a perfect example of the photographer seeing
something, and wanting to make a statement, but not having sufficient
photographic vision or technique to convey what he saw and wanted to say to
the viewer.

But that's just my opinion. Anyone else check out the site and want to jump
in?