Subject: Re: [Leica] Favorite lenses!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:52:19 -0500

At 12:03 AM 9/15/98 -0700, you wrote:

>The 90 Summicron-R and the 135 Elmarit-R are precisely the lenses I'm
>heavily considering buying. How would you compare the two as far as
>sharpness, color rendition, and contrast? I know that I'll be adding the
>180 2.8 Elmarit-R later on. Are there different non-APO versions of this
>lens?

The 90 and 135 are awfully close together. I would think it better to start
with a 180 and a 90. And I'm not saying that because I have a 180 and 90
for sale. If you want the 135, they are real bargains. And superb performers.

As for 180s, there were two versions before the APO. The old version, very
big, very heavy. Then there's the new version that came out in '80. Much
smaller, and better performance.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Cooperation can only be reached if we work together