Subject: Re: [Leica] 80 Summilux/100 APO
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:39:15 -0500

At 01:43 PM 9/15/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Is it also true that the macro lens produces a flatness of field not
>particularly favourable for portraits or "people" shots?  Would the 80 or 90
>be a better choice?

To assume that flatness of field is somehow a problem is a mistaken notion.
All lens makers make their lenses as flat of field as possible. It's just
with Macros, it's more important than otherwise. But that doesn't mean that
it's any less important with other lenses. They just have to balance that
against other things.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck.