Subject: [Leica] Ilfochrome Question
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:21:39 -0500

Although I've had photography as a hobby since the early 50's I've never
tried to do my own color printing because it appeared to be a pretty
complex procedure.   The final media for me has always been slides for
projection.

When Cibachrome came out I had some Kodachrome slides printed by a
professional shop to see what they would look like.  I was disappointed
in them because they were far too contrasty compared to prints made with
an inter negative.

Here are some questions in this regard:

1) Is it possible to control the contrast of Ilfochrome prints?   If so,
how difficult a procedure is it?
2) Are some film types more suitable for Ilfochrome prints?  K64 rather
than K25 for example?
3) What major steps/components are eliminated in making positive to
positive prints?  For example, do you still need a color head on the
enlarger, is temperature control as critical, etc?

TIA,
Bud