Subject: [Leica] Home page
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 98 14:35:32 -0700

########
Alistair's site
was really nice; I would not have guessed that he had had problems had he
not told us. Nice trip, nice shots, I am green with envy! Seriously,
Alistair, I really did enjoy your site; I wish I had your 'eye', and the
ability to take a mundane object, crop out the mundane part in the
viewfinder, and find something new and beautiful to see in it!
Thanks for sharing,
#########

Thank you for the kind words. I went back and reviewed the images to see
how I had cropped the images, and I think I know what you mean. I do try to
limit my view, something I've been working on for some time. I think the
comments made by others [including my most "vicious" critic ; Helen] have
all been for the good.

If any one would care to be as blunt as with the comments on Untitled
please feel free. It is great to know where your style is heading, and how
other people view it.

As for Untitled, I think some of the comments are fair. BD has been very
balanced in his comments and acknowledges the good elements and thoughts
behind the images, and the discussion on video age is a good one. I'm a
child of TV and have always thought that it makes me more "restless", and
unable to enjoy simple things in nature. I'm now fighting against this. I
also like the cheeky image of the child looking through the sculpture, the
other images are too 1970's photography for me ;-) harsh and a bit too
obvious. OK let fly =;-)

Alastair

Alastair Firkin,